Saturday, January 26, 2008

Shout out to my past bible study leaders

I just recently joined the core leadership team for SoulKitchen, our ministry for women, here at Vintage Faith Church. Of course I was anxious, nervous, doubtful; all of the things that make me such an incredible player on the team. Did I just use that semi-colon properly? Anyhoo, my area of focus is helping plan and coordinate the women's Bible study for this spring session along with two other great ladies. I'm a little overwhelmed with my new responsibility, but I have to say I have a whole new appreciation for all the past women's Bible studies that I've been a part of and the women that led them. I just showed up, studied, participated, did my thing, and went home. I'm only now beginning to see the thought, prayer, preparation, and love that went into planning each of those studies. To Holly, Laura, and Vivien, thank you for being my faithful, fearless table leader all those years. Thank you for being authentic and providing a safe place for me to learn and share with others. To Carol and Becky and countless others, thank you for your dedication and hours of study and preparation you gave to each session. I grew and was challenged because of you. And now hopefully, I can carry on the ministry in a different locale so other women might grow and benefit as well. I'm so grateful for the foundation you gave me that I now am working from!

1 comment:

jess mac said...

Good for you! I am so excited you are entering that next stage of life after babies. Have fun-you will be a blessing to all those women. Lucky them!