
Trav and I used to hang out here a lot when we were dating, go for walks, talk, admire the lights on the water at night. This is where Trav first told me he loved me... I can't believe I've been makin' out with the same guy for 15 years!
This is our first time back since 9/11, and now you can't walk out across the dam anymore, kind of sad, but we still had a picnic on the lawn right next to it. We still walked, talked, admired the water as the sky was darkening. It's good to revisit old places, remember where you've come from, think about where you're going, and to do all of that with your best friend. Love you babe.
4 comments:
Aww...
Steve and I have to drive up there every time we visit. So many great memories. Thanks for the picture!
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the connection between 9/11 & Shasta Dam? Was that a proposal date?
It's infrastructure, Sara. A damn break could flood Sacramento and bring California to its knees. I know, I know, I didn't consult a map).
I'm personally more concerned about the long history of making out. By my careful calculations the two of you have only been married for 13.5 years. Care to make corrections to the post?
I'm so excited to be getting married. Then I can share that same joy that you and Trav have. Only 25 days! Btw, I've already informed Thomas that we will be visiting you two and the kids sometime soon. ;-)
Post a Comment