Friday, August 21, 2009

Love Bites


I've caught Jonah up in his bunk twice now crying over missing his daddy. Jonah and I had just hung up a magnetic strip by his bed so he can hang his artwork and pictures. I gave Jonah a picture of Trav to hang up, and apparently the photo sparks some emotions in Jonah that he doesn't know what to do with. It's been a crazy week for Trav, busy at work, and he's wrapping up a summer grad class, so he hasn't been home very much. Jonah LOVES his daddy.
The first time I found him, his eyes were red, and he said, "I just miss daddy, I want him to come home to play with me". The second time he was holding Trav's picture, heavily crying and almost making himself throw up he was so upset! Poor guy, he doesn't show emotion very freely, so it's extra sad to see him hurting so bad.
Trav took Jonah out early this morning before work. He wanted to take him to Starbucks for a steamer and to play Scrabble, but Jonah BEGGED him to take him to his office so they could play there. Trav indulged him and they chilled there for a bit in the wee hours of the morning before everyone arrived for work. Jonah loved it of course. They have a very sweet relationship. We may have to hide the picture of Trav though when it gets busy...

No comments: