Monday, August 17, 2009

What a difference a Year Makes

Davey had his first day of pre-k today! These are pics from last year's first day of preschool...

He was not happy, and I could barely get him to exit the car.

Now look at him! He was so stoked on starting today. He woke up on his own without me and got himself ready all by himself. He couldn't wait to get there!

Jonah and Payton don't start till next Monday so they got to take him to his first day. Jonah wouldn't pose for a picture. Weird.

My baby. He didn't even look back when we said goodbye. He walked in there so confident and excited for his day. Unfortunately, I made a few "dress code" blunders. Davey had four infractions really. His hair was spiked, he wasn't wearing uniform shorts, his shirt was untucked, and he was wearing his rock star bracelets that he loves. Ooops! I came home, actually read the manual, and now we're good to go for tomorrow! I'm so proud of how much he's grown!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What are uniform shorts?

Is that what they're making kids wear these days?

Casey Angulo said...

Wow! Davey has grown up! I can't believe it.

vanth said...

I can't believe how much Payton looks like you, Annie, hugging me on my first day of kindergarten. Except you were wearing a tight white turtleneck and high wasted jeans. Or something like that.

I love Davey's cheesy smile. Did you ever imagine this sort of progress on Davey's first day last year?