Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You know it's summer when...

you stop giving the kids baths b/c they're in the pool everyday! And yes, I am totally that mom. We've fallen into a one bath Saturday night routine, so they can be fresh for church on Sunday. I just noticed that Payton's hair has been in the same two braids for three days in a row now. The chlorine seems to "preserve" it if you will, and they really don't look that bad:) I know, slacker mom, but the kids are so happy, and I'm so happy to not have to wrestle anyone into the tub for several days in a row.
We're in the midst of swim lessons, and the kids are doing fantastic and learning so much! Jonah's been conquering a lot of fears and just went down the big waterslide they have at the pool with no one catching him at the bottom. He was so thrilled with himself. It's so great to see his confidence growing. He fussed the first few days of swim lessons, now he's anticipating them. Thank heavens!

Payton has crazy energy and strength. She's totally competitive and cares more about being first in any of their exercises than actually doing them correctly. I can see it in her face as she passes all the boys. It's hilarious to watch.

My baby. He's become an absolute fish these last few weeks. He just has a big grin on his face the whole time he's in the pool, and every time he does something he scans the area to find me and make sure I noticed him. Unfortunately, I have a huge dislike for strong sunlight and 105 degree weather so I'm hiding out in the shade where he can't really see me. At first I was sneaking in to the pool by the play structure and hiding behind it where I could see Davey easily. This worked for awhile, but now I've been kicked out twice in a row along with a bunch of other disgruntled mothers by a lifeguard. Since I was starting to make a name for myself I've eased off, such a bummer.


Swim lessons end this week, so it's back to regular showers and baths for the kiddos soon, bleh. We'll all be a little sad for that and miss our pool bathing schedule!

3 comments:

lynn said...

I love it. I often consider a swim in our kiddie pool the kids' bath for the week :) I've even brought shampoo out there before, but that ruined their fun. We have swim lessons next week - Em's on her own and I'm doing Mommy and me with Sambo, so all three of us may go w/o official showers or baths :) We shall see.

Emily Branca said...

They seriously kicked you out of the pool?? When it's 109 out? Seriously? That's possibly the cruelest thing I've ever heard! There are enough Redding Aquatic Center workers at the Stirring... you ought to be able to pull some strings :)

Alyssa said...

When my kids play in the dirty kiddie pool in the backyard I declare it a bath, so when they are actually in a chlorine pool it is totally a bath!