
While I was out of town last week Trav bought and set up an ipod nano for me for my birthday! I received an email about my "recent" registration, I didn't say anything, but Trav asked if I had received any suspicious emails, I confessed, and I got to get it early. So fun!
I am very slow to accept any new technology. How long have these things been around? 5-7 years? But just this year my trusty old boombox broke, and I declared that I wouldn't get a new one, but was finally ready to transition to an ipod. I've been playing with it all day, and messing around in the itunes store. I've made some nostalgic purchases, "Just like Heaven" by the Cure b/c it's my absolute favorite song ever, "crazy" by gnarls barkley b/c it reminds me of driving in New Orleans with our students in '06, some Beyonce, b/c gosh dang it, I like her, and she reminds me of Nicolle Solorio. Lastly, I got M.Ward's latest album "hold time". He's amazing, and I'm forever indebted to my sister Vicki for introducing us. I'm listening to it right now and am so happy.
I can't wait to go for my walks and listen to my podcasts now too! It's a new world, and I'm finally living in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment