Monday, June 29, 2009

Triple Digits


It's been SO HOT this week your skin feels on fire even in the shade! I have to get my head back in the game of living in the triple digits again. When to open the windows, when to close them, how to ration our ac, but also make it liveable in the house, how to be outside, but still find shade... I've been drinking a pitcher of ice tea a day as my own personal coping mechanism.
We made our yearly investment in a blow up pool and have put it to good use so far. Here, Davey models his sun conscious suit that my mum got him. He loves this thing. He isn't allowed to wear it in public, for several reasons.

It's been fun watching the kids splash and scream like crazy. I pull up my chair with my book and ice tea and appreciate the splashes that come my way to cool me down. I just realized that my kids haven't complained once about the heat, only me, they just celebrate it! My kids, my teachers. Today will be a good day.

1 comment:

vanth said...

Don't we have a picture of 6 year old Sara in Davey's pose, but in a way skimpier, in fact string, sky blue bikini?