Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summertime

We had somewhat of a staycation this weekend for Father's Day, and it was so fun! We hit the park, had popsicles, camped in our tent trailer in the backyard, drank Starbucks, played obscene amounts of monoply, read, ate chili dogs and rootbeer floats, and watched Star Wars with the kids for their first time. I kept having Will Smith's "Summertime" playing through my head which inspired another downloard for me. I love songs that bring back fun memories!

We went to Fantasy Fountain park for our first summer visit. The kids had a blast playing, and Trav and I got to sip Starbucks and chat after being apart so much for the last few weeks.
I love this picture of Payton.

The highlight is the volcano that explodes every fifteen minutes or so to soak everybody. It's hilarious to watch b/c a slow rumble will start and every kid in the park pauses, looks at the volcano, and then sprints to scramble up as quickly as possible to secure a spot for the water screaming the whole time.

Jonah refused to wear a swimsuit to the park b/c he was NOT going to get wet. Ok Jonah

Davey would always rush to this spot on the stairs at the very bottom and just let the water rush over him.

Bros. They become better friends every day. Most days.

Trav set up the tent trailer in the backyard for our camp out and Payton quickly moved in at least half of her belongings. He played not one, but two, two hour games of monopoly with the kids. One game Saturday and another Sunday. I gotta give him props. You can't PAY me to play this game, it's absolute torture to play a game that truly never ends, but he loved it and the kids loved it. I loved reading my book without being interrupted!

It was sweet times for us this weekend, summer feels officially here!

No comments: