Friday, July 3, 2009

My reading fiend!


Jonah joined the summer reading program at the library for the prizes, and it is totally working! This kid came home and set his timer for twenty minute intervals and read 100 minutes straight to fill out his card. I didn't think this was possible for our little Joe. He's squirly, impatient, and likes to be on the move. But I LOVE that he was stoked enough to meet his goal and sat down and did it, just like that. I got to read my own book for 100 minutes straight at the same time, unprecedented for being alone with my three children! It was a happy day to be sure!
He's out with Trav now enjoying his "prize", a free ice cream cone from McDonald's. So cool when your kids surprise you like that. I'm so proud of him!

By the way, to explain his picture, I asked him to get dressed a few days ago, and he came out with, "ok mom, I'm ready!" I love a comedian.

No comments: