Monday, March 3, 2008

Old Skool took Payton to school

A few weeks ago Trav took Payton to her school's "Father Daughter Disco Dance". They encouraged people to dress up and Trav took it to heart. As you can see below, Payton was a little unsure of going to a dance with her friends with a date that would certainly "stand out".

I gave her a pep talk on being a good date and making sure she gave Daddy a few dances, and not to ditch him for her friends:).

Trav enjoyed walking up to our neighbors at the party and just saying, "Hey how's it going?" and then just stood there awkwardly chatting until all of a sudden they recognized him. I LOVE this about Trav, he doesn't embarrass easy and he always makes me laugh.

We finally coerced Payton to smile for at least one picture. She did end up ditching Trav for her friends but came back and gave him a few dances and checked in with him. All the other little girls were pretty much doing the same thing so Trav didn't feel too bad, how can you feel bad wearing that outfit anyway?

2 comments:

Kari Q. said...

Payton's face is CLASSIC...I was laughing hysterically reading this!!! good old Trav keeping it real!

TheEpicBeat said...

Love. Payton.

I too was laughing at her while reading this. It's like she's 15. She already gets how embarrassing her dad is.

rad.