
This year has been such a HUGE year of change for me in more ways than one. I'm on the Soul Kitchen (our ministry for women) core team and I have been planning the Spring Bible study (this is our flyer for it) with a group of three other women. It starts tomorrow! If you had asked me a year ago if I'd be doing this, I'd chuckle politely and say no. I never saw myself leading in a ministry for women, but I love it! It energizes me, stretches me, and at times overwhelms me. But I've been blessed to work with the coolest women and I'm grateful for it.
I was just telling Trav that right about the 11 month mark of us being here I realized I looked forward to going to church. The first 11 months I was always anxious about having to make small talk, meet people, stand in a room full of people I didn't know and who didn't know me, etc. But I finally KNOW people, I'm excited to see them and connect. When you miss it for that long you are so appreciative of it when you get it back. I'm connected again. Yay!
I'm also a T-ball mom of two. I live T-ball Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays now, it's my new part time job:). But again I love it, it's a lot of time, but I get to play and hang out with whichever of my two are not participating. Davey just sat in my lap and cuddled for a lot of Jonah's practice yesterday. I'm invited to slow down at these functions b/c I can't do laundry, dishes, bills, etc. It's good for me. I graduated from high school with Payton's coach's wife, and I was a cheerleader with one of the moms on Jonah's team. It's been fun to reconnect with people.
And lastly I'm growing up b/c I've got a head full of gray hair! They're taking over and I refuse to give into the impulses of pulling them out or combing my hair different to cover them. I'm old people. I'm leading women's Bible study, a T-ball mom, and I'm going gray. But I'm cool with it, I love where I'm at. I could do without the gray, but perhaps it makes me look more wise and thoughtful in my middle age:).
2 comments:
just remember that in other cultures, you would be most honorable because you're so old. hehe
love you!
From one old Momma to another :),
Make sure you grab a cup of coffee b/f going to your Daniel study. You'll need to be wide awake. Don't forget your thinking cap too. At times you'll feel like you're in a college course but in the end you'll be armed with incredible information! The parallel's between Babylon and our present day are incredible. Study on, sister! My study is called "Jesus, the One and Only" and oh how thankful I am that He truly is thee One and only!!
Shalane
Post a Comment