
These "car" carts are a mixed blessing for me at the grocery store. On the one hand, I've got two out of three of my kids accounted for. On the other hand I have my third one dangerously shimmying up the sides repeatedly, the other two hanging out the sides with their hands out hitting items on the shelves as we drive by, fights over who gets the working horn on their steering wheel, whose turn is it to ride in the cart, and lastly I'm steering a cart that is really hard to guage depth wise and I'm ALWAYS running into something and one time it was the back of some poor lady's heels!
I feel like my children are the loudest people in the store at any given time and people are always staring at me. Some of it's imagined on my part, but I know people can't help but wonder "what the heck is going on over on aisle 9?"
Today I had the awesome privelage of running a quick trip to the grocery store sans children, but I still succeeded in drawing attention to myself. I pulled a buttermilk out of the refrigerator section and a second buttermilk comes flying out of nowhere behind it, lands at my feet splattering open and spraying myself and the floor completely in buttermilk!! The one woman that was by me made an embarrassed grimace and quickly pushed her cart away leaving me to stand there by myself and my awkward situation. I toweled off in the bathroom and threw the busted container out. I guess I don't need my kids to provide me embarrassing situations, I can do just as well on my own.
2 comments:
Giggle, giggle. I love those push carts-but I always run into things with them. They are huge! Too bad they don't have them at TJs! I can't believe you broke the jar! I am still giggling.
Oh man. Jonah got banned from the car cart for about a month after he threw a fit which involved hanging half in/half out of the cart while I pushed it and screaming so the entire store could hear him.
Post a Comment