Sunday, March 16, 2008

My other slugger


Payton started playing T-ball this season as well and already has a couple games under her belt. She is on a team of 11 girls and only a couple of them have had prior softball experience so she's learning at the same pace as most of the girls which I love.
I have major issues with my past personal sports involvement. I seem to have always lacked a natural ability to play pretty much anything coupled with terrible hand/eye coordination. I was ALWAYS picked last and was terribly anxious and nervous anytime I had to play on a team in school b/c I sucked. I'm desperate to protect my daughter from the same situations if at all within my ability. I don't care if she doesn't want to play sports, but if she does, I want her to feel confident in her ability, that she can hold her own. I don't want PE to scare her as it did me!
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5178452862663918946" />
So far she has enjoyed it and has been hugging the opposite team members at the end of the game instead of just a "high five". She especially likes the snacks afterwards.

I love it when she comes out to bat in her big helmet.

Davey getting some snuggle time in with Aunt Vicki. He likes to yell at Payton and distract her when she's in the outfield, "hi sissy! Sissy come here!" He keeps telling me he's ready to play soccer and that he's going to be number 10. I can hardly wait to juggle three sports teams at once.

1 comment:

Kari Q. said...

I love that you are a sports mom annette!! I can totally relate to the fears of your children taking after you in the athletic area (or lack there of)! I pray my kids will follow after their daddy. My fear of organized sports is rooted in the fact that my parents thought it would be a good idea to put me on an all boys little league team...lets just say I was not exactly the all star. hope your having fun rooting your kiddos on.