Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wuv


Davey is our cuddle bug and just the last few weeks he's been telling us "I wuv you" of his own inspiration. There's something really special when your child seeks you out to give you a kiss or declare their love for you on their own and not as an automated response to you expressing it first.
The first time he said it we were in Trader Joe's shopping and I had him sitting on the handle bars of my cart with my arms wrapped around him pushing (not exactly a safe practice, but an element of danger keeps the shopping exciting). He turned and looked at me, said, "Mommy, I wuv you" and gave me the sweetest kiss. It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of it.
To contrast my kids, when Trav and I are hugging or laying on the couch together Jonah will get stressed out and say "Stop it mommy and daddy!" and laugh nervously (mind you we are NOT doing anything inappropriate!) Davey will come in see the same thing and say, "Mommy, Daddy, I wuv you" and come climb on top of us to cuddle. Jonah is my quality timer, he wants to go places with you and do things together, it's his love language. Davey is a physical touch hands town, he ALWAYS wants to be held. Payton is mostly gifts I think. She TREASURES anything people give her and keeps it forever. I've broken her heart on more than one occasion by tossing stuff I thought was trash. Trav and I pretty much have to be experts in almost all the love languages in this family. We're trying to keep it real.

No comments: