Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween '09

I am a lazy parent when it comes to Halloween costumes! There's no way we're spending the big bucks to buy new costumes each year, and I'm somewhat creatively challenged when it comes to sewing. I get anxious for what the kids will want to be, and can I pull it off. Mercifully, they are still easy to please. Payton happily wore her ninja costume again, Davey was a baseball player again, and Jonah lucked out with an Anakin costume that was given us. They beg me to dress up each year, and I come up with my lame excuses why I don't. And then it struck me that I'm in this small window of time where my kids love to imagine and pretend and they are asking me to play with them. In a few years, they'll be embarrassed if I dress up, so I'm inspired to start planning for next year and take advantage of making fun memories together. If we are still in this crazy Star Wars phase I could see us all being various characters. My guess is Payton will be yoda, Davey Obi-Wan or a clonetrooper, Trav and I will rock Princess Lea and Han Solo, and my dear Jonah will be Anakin again. If I start planning now I won't be overwhelmed!




I was starting to get sick on Halloween and was in a pooper mood. Seeing Trav dress up in his "box of nails" costume that Payton made him totally made my night. I love my husband. I'm so grateful for the partner God gave me.

Jonah cut out early from trick-o-treating as he did last year and passed out candy. I think he loved passing it out more than getting it.

Jonah and I wound down the night with a game of Uno while listening to my Feist pandora station. I love this station, it's always good, all the time. It's my soundtrack for life.

No comments: