Saturday, May 2, 2009

Keepin' it Real


Trav is away on a trip in the boonies, not even within cell phone reception. We're just about to complete day 3, and it is not going well! Sometime last night I got really tired, really over it, and so ready to have my kids be a bit more chill, a bit more obedient. Did I just get back into town Tuesday after being away from the little boogers for a long weekend? Yes I did. I've always marveled that no matter how much time I have away to rest it seems to wear off within 24 hours of rejoining my children. You can't really store it up to hold you over.
Don't get me wrong, I love my children, we've had moments of sweetness and grace over the last few days. I posted this cute picture of them to remind me of lighter times. But there seems to be a strong spirit of crankiness and restlessness floating around our home. Not really Payton, but the boys and I are very out of sorts. I'm blaming the boys, not out loud to them, but in my mind and on my blog. We're stuck inside with the rain, Jonah has killer amounts of energy, I'm trying to be creative keeping them entertained and out of each other's hair, and I'm trying to let go of anything I had hoped to accomplish, but I seem to keep coming up a bit short on patience when it gets tough.
We just picked up movies from the video store for tonight, a starbucks for me, and I have them currently soaking in the bath for as long as they're happy. We can do this, just one day at a time. We miss you Trav, our family doesn't function without you.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

You are amazing! Only five more days, you'll find the rhythm. Keeping you in my prayers. It can't rain forever, hope that you can get a good nights sleep :-)

Sara Anthony said...

Is it ok to start training Payton to babysit her bro's? Maybe this training could be that you get to lock yourself in your bedroom with a book & some loud music. Only Payton is allowed to approach the door with a knock if she feels she needs help making a babysitting decision. You could even pay her. Am I going to be a bad mom, bc this sounds totally fine to me...?

vanth said...

Yes, this from the girl who can't leave her DOG on it's own for a few hours . . .