Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Disney World Trip-The Plane Ride

I hope you don't mind me breaking our trip down into segments over the next few posts. There are so many pictures, memories, and stories, one big post would be almost impossible. A chunk at a time is the better way to go.
I LOVE to travel. I love the planning, the anticipating, the hunt for the great deal, the countdown till we leave, and then a few days before the trip I actually start to have a bit of a letdown b/c the trip is almost here, which then means the trip will soon be over. Dramatic I know, but it's who I am. So even the plane ride is a huge event for me. I love airports. An airport means an adventure is about to happen!
Here we are making our way to the terminal. Everyone had to chip in, there were a few heavy sighs here and there, but we kept cheering them on saying, "We're a team! We all gotta pitch in!"

Davey climbed on the shuttle bus with the biggest grin and proudly declared that this was his very first bus ride. Simple pleasures.

The boys hadn't flown since they were babies so everything was new to them. The luggage belt was fascinating stuff to watch.

It was high energy waiting to board our plane, it looked a little dicey to me. I didn't know how'd they manage the four to five hour flight to Dallas. I didn't know if I was about to take another big bite of humble pie my kids like to serve me up in public from time to time. I've gotten use to just keeping my head down at times when they're crazy...

BUT... They were awesome!!! They completely self managed themselves, I read a whole magazine and several chapters in a book hardly interrupted. It was unprecedented! I was so proud of them. For any traveling parents, Michael's Craft Store has an amazing $1 section with tons of little games and individual crafts etc that I stocked up on, it made a huge difference in keeping them occupied. Of course there was ample suckers, gum, and crackers to be had as well.

Another highlight was riding the tram at Dallas airport. Who needs Disneyworld right?

My little angel gave out on the connecting flight to Orlando. Why are they so sweet when they're sleeping?

Jonah discovered games on Trav's Ipod which he now consistently asks for. This is why we will probably never own a video game in our home.

Just getting to Orlando was half the fun, I loved having this adventure and sharing in the "newness" of flying with the kids. Seeing things through their eyes makes everything new. But it was only the beginning...

4 comments:

Sara Anthony said...

yay that the kids were good on the plane!!! That is seriously such a gift - to all the other passengers too :) Now I know that we can safely bring them all over to Sweden without any shenanigens.

La Rodriga said...

The plane ride might seem like a small ordeal, but it is not. When a plane ride goes bad...it can be a nightmare. I know this from many plane rides with my busy little bee.
Oh, and I totally agree with pulling out the bribes...food...video games...whatever works!
FYI...Audrey has found Mike's I-touch games and she loves to sit and play them. Scary...I know.

Megan said...

Hey, when were you in Dallas? I mean what day and time? Heather and I were there last weekend for a connecting flight to NY to see Brett get married!

lynn said...

I'm SO glad your plane ride there was enjoyable...am wondering about the ride back (another post perhaps :). I too get that let down before a trip, and even on the trip b/c I don't want it to be over.

Your kids are amazing! Can't wait to read more!