Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Little Bit of Country Never Hurt


So some friends of ours have gotten us hooked on Rascal Flatts lately. I've never been a country gal, except for that crazy college phase I went through back in the 90's and owned a Shania Twain CD, but I WAS going to school in Redding, it was bound to happen. So here I am now, back in Redding, and country tastes are creeping up on me again.
You gotta dig the lyrics. Their songs are about life, love, loss, family, God, summer nights, it's all covered. I've found that you can't really listen to country music softly either, you're either fully committed with the volume level or you might as well not even bother.
Today was one of those days. The sun made a re-appearance this afternoon after a week of rain, it was so warm out, Davey and I had the open road before us, windows down, hair blowing, and good old Rascal Flatts blaring from the speakers. So yeah, I'm a little bit country, but still a little bit rock-n-roll too.

No comments: