Thursday, May 28, 2009

Disney World Trip-Jonah


Ahhhh, my Jonah. Where to begin? He's a hoot and vastly entertaining for Trav and I! D-world was a mix of extreme highs and lows for Jo-Jo. But first of course, the highs...
Swimming, swimming, and more swimming.
If he wasn't at the pool he was asking or demanding to be at the pool! We went swimming every day rain or shine, literally. We only got turned away once when the lightening storms were too close. Jonah had a huge grin on his face and was a complete free spirit when he was at the pool.

Besides the water slide, he spent the entire time repeatedly jumping into the pool and quizzing us on how high his splash was.

His second favorite place was the lobby where they had old disney cartoons on 24 hours a day. Notice I haven't mentioned the parks yet... He and I got up early most mornings with either Payton or Davey to watch for a bit and let Trav sleep in. It was part of our routine, get me a coffee, I sit and read for a bit, they get a cartoon fix, then go back, get daddy and head to the pool. It had a nice rhythm to it.

His third favorite place was the hotel room where he'd practice his head stands and bounce off the walls. A distant fourth was the parks. This picture says it all.

Whenever we'd head to the parks the whine would immediately kick in, "I just want to go back to the hotel room. I just want to go swimming!" One of my personal favorites was, "This is just why I should've stayed in California." I heard that more times than I can remember each day with every ride or show we attempted to go to. We wrangled everyone into the "Beauty and the Beast" musical b/c Belle is my favorite. Jonah was furious. In his deadpan voice he delivered, "Bad news, I see princesses. Good news, I don't see princesses." Well it was bad news for him! Of course he was enthralled the whole performance, but I didn't let him know I noticed.
Here, he has won a bid to "go back to the hotel" with Daddy at Epcot.

BUT! He did have fun even if he was determined not to. Even though he'd protest every ride, after we'd get off he would declare, "That was awesome!!!"

Of course he is always down for an autopia drive. This was our first day of our vacation and the last day we'd see the sun for the whole week except for a blessed three hour stretch in the middle. I might be exaggerating a little, but seriously, very little. It was a rainy vacay.

We saw lots of 3D movies. Sometimes Jonah watched, sometimes he was on the floor, it all depended on the mood.

Jonah also had a special night with just him and Trav. They went out to dinner and to the arcade later and Jonah LOVED that. He's a quality timer just like me. All in all, Jonah had a great trip. Just the other day he asked if we could go back, so I asked, "What part did you like about it?" "All of it!!" was his exuberant reply.

3 comments:

cza said...

He is a riot!!

Sara Anthony said...

Even when Jonah was trying to look fierce in that one picture, he still was cute as a button. I'm really hoping that once you present Davey's take on Disneyworld, you will go on to tell us all how much you & Trav enjoyed the trip - I'm guessing you had a blast balancing all the different personalities & keeping everyone satisfied ;)

Sarah said...

"bad news I see princesses"..haha..oh that made me laugh so hard:)
Jonah is such an amazing boy..love him!