I finally washed my paint clothes after wearing them four days in a row. They're fresh for me to jump back into tomorrow.

I allowed Payton to help me paint for a total of five minutes. I have friends that are way cooler than me, Shalane, Stacey, who let their kids participate in the paint process. It was painful for me to even watch her roll for the few minutes she did. Control freak mom and painting with kids does not mix well. A big thanks to Trav's parents who came up and watched the kids for three days so I could paint stress free. What a gift!

After the hoopla of Payton's color choices for her room she finally settled on this. I took her to the disney paints at Home Depot and had her pick out colors she wanted. Of course, she spied the Tinkerbell room pamphlet and the color scheme drew her in. Thank you Disney! We're going to stencil vines up the walls in different shades of this blue once we're settled.

Trav sported this around the house over the weekend, courtesy of Josh Solorio.

I think our contractors were very impressed and intimidated.

In other news Jonah has now lost four teeth total! This pic is when he was at three and I haven't been able to document the last one. He has a huge window and a sweet lisp that I am eating up!

He crawled into bed with us at 3:15am the other night, wide awake and wanting to chat. He told me at least three times what a sweet mom I was. Totally worth losing sleep over. Tonight I "puddled" with him and told him that Trav and I thought he was a special boy, and he said that I was a special mom and Trav was a special dad. Our cup runneth over.
Peace.
5 comments:
Jonah looks so grown up now! Tell him Aunt Sara is so impressed & cannot wait too check out his windows in person :) The color Payton chose is really cool. Did you know that Tinkerbell is called Tingeling in Sweden? Perhaps we can pretend it is her Swedish cousin... :)
Jonah is so proud of his "proof" of getting bigger, showing off his window. I love the color of Payton's room. Great job, Payton. Can't wait to see it. Trav should wear his tool belt and accessories more ofte, looking good Trav.
Annie sorry I couldn't get up there to cover for the kids while you paint. Do you want me to book a massage for you with Kristine? Maybe that could be my contribution? If so, let me know ASAP.
Sweet sweet Jonah. Way to go Annette being so on it with the painting. I know you will be so glad you stuck it out. Payton's room is so bright and fun! Can't wait to see the rest...maybe in real life someday :)
Post a Comment