The week and a half leading up to our move were crazy insane and I became crazy insane of course. I get so driven when there's a huge project to be tackled, and everything else falls by the wayside. The house was all I did or could think about. I've always wondered if this quirk in my personality would be a hazard to my family if I ever chose to work full time! It's nice to be in finally, breathe, take the getting settled process at a slower pace, and live life while doing it.
Davey put in a six hour paint day with me and was an absolute champ. He's a workhorse and loves to help which I can respect in a four year old. I broke down and gave him a paint brush and a can of paint since there was no flooring in yet. He was happy to join in and proudly made me regard his work every five minutes. His cute little warm up suit was destroyed in the process, but you gotta cut your losses. I loved his company.
Here's a few before and after shots. This is our bedroom, we switched out the fan for a more updated look.

I hired a paint consultant on the advice of a friend and she was awesome! She chose these gray and deep plum colors for our room and we love them. It feels restful and quiet, I might not let the kids come in, ever. Just kidding, we slept with both boys in our bed last night. Trav slept, I suffered in silence as a good martyr mom should. Everybody loves a martyr.
This is our living room/slash dining room after the fireplace and carpet were taken out, so bummed I didn't get a before shot of that!

This is it after being painted and the floor put in! Katie the paint consultant worked her magic and chose these colors as well. We love them.
We are so thrilled to be in finally, and it's already feeling like home. We took a walk after dinner last night in the neighborhood with the kids. It feels like we are exactly where we're supposed to be.
4 comments:
annie! i love your new home...the pic on trav's blog reminds me of your house in riverside. I also love that you have that display shelf near the ceiling in your bedroom. it reminds me of the time that...was it beth cashman...and i climbed the wall in your riverside house bedroom and sat on the one there! i miss you so very much!
aahhh, I love that you said it feels like you are exactly where you are supposed to be. That is such a good place to be! Your house looks amazing! The colors, the design, the floors...awesome!
I can't tell you how overjoyed I am to hear you say that you feel you are exactly where you are supposed to be! Amazing! And I totally remember when melissa and beth did that at your old house and you were screaming in your "Annette voice" at them to stop!!! Such good memories from that house! Congrats again!
can't wait to visit sometime soon...after I graduate of course...we miss you guys so so much...I miss my great friend Trav so much :-( Your house is amazingly beautiful!!!
Post a Comment