
So we closed yesterday, we own a home! Crazy. I could barely sleep last night thinking of all the painting and projects I want to get done before we move in. I've been running on adrenaline all day.
I began painting in the boys' room today. A very dark orange that I'm told to "trust, don't second guess it" on the advice of a good friend.:) The primer and one coat is on, I'm anxious to see what the second coat will bring me tomorrow! I was dreading painting, but I have to say, it's a whole lot more fun when there's no furniture to contend with. To have a big open space to work in is pretty great.
I busted out all my old paint clothes that I haven't used in years. They all have special memories attached to them. My jeans with the hole in the knee I wore on Mexico mission trips with our students. My team Jugar t-shirt from Mexico-03, definitely one of my favorite Mexico trips, Brandon Burns, Katie Johnson, Josh Solorio, we had such a good team! I distinctly remember that trip being the week Josh grew in my eyes from being one of our "kids", to my peer and fellow leader. Miss that guy.
My Chico State sweatshirt that I bought when Lillie and I took a road trip up to visit one of our big, bad college friends when we were 17. This sweatshirt sports a ton of different paint colors from all of my work over the years, the bright green from my kitchen, the blue from the baby room, yellow from my bedroom, etc.
My bandanna to cover my hair, again, Mexico. I usually wore one while working.
Along with my outfit of nostalgia I busted out some older tunes to paint too. My mixed reggae tape, yes I'm referring to a cassette tape, from an old friend in high school, Michael Jackson, "Off the Wall" 1979, it doesn't get any better than that.
Tomorrow I'm hitting the walls again from 8am sharp until I can't paint anymore. I can't wait to see how big my guns will be after rolling the whole house. I might even be able to beat Alyssa at an arm wrestle finally.
No comments:
Post a Comment