Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Davey's First Day of Preschool

A picture speaks a thousand words. This one pretty much sums up Davey's feelings on starting preschool today. We had some issues over taking toys to school, me not packing the right snack for him (even though he said it was his favorite last night), and I'm pretty sure his back hurt as well. His back hurts when he's thirsty, hungry, in his car seat, asked to pick up a toy, lays down for a nap, or doesn't want to do something.

Since we weren't going to get a happy posed picture, I thought I would just capture us in the reality.

We transitioned from the car onto a school bench with the promise of a story read. He wasn't totally sold yet on being at school, but he was warming to it. It got us that much closer to the classroom.

Ahhh, some interesting toys and manipulatives. Just what we needed to suck him out of his stroller and into a seat. I sat, admired, and affirmed his work.

Done! The deal was sealed and Davey was settled and good to go. He gave me a sweet, confident goodbye and that was it. The teacher said he did great, took turns, was on task, etc. Yay!

He LOVES school. He came home with lots of stories of his day that we celebrated over an icee.
My last baby just started preschool. This is so HUGE!

2 comments:

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

So what do you do with your time alone with no kids...

Anonymous said...

My last baby starts Wednesday. I love being in the same boat as someone else. Our seasons are changing.