Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School Pics





The kids did awesome their first day of school yesterday! Jonah was fired UP for school. He counted down the minutes till we got in the car, and hammed it up for all of the pictures. Once he got to the playground he slowed up a bit and confessed to being a little "anxious", but he jumped right in once class got started. He loudly told me to "go away!" and grant him some autonomy.
Payton was poised and lovely and just a bit hesitant. I knew to respect her space and asked her if she wanted me to stay on the playground with her till school started and she said yes. I hung back and let her do her thing and made sure to give a casual, quick goodbye when she lined up with her class. I did NOT want to blow her first day of second grade by embarrassing her which having me anywhere near her first grade class seem to do. Seriously, I know my kids love me even though it's not as it seems... Anyhoo, she came home with a big smile and loved everything about her class and teacher.
Unfortunately this morning Jonah was hiding under his bed b/c he did NOT want to go to back to school he just wanted to stay in bed for "23 days". It was touch and go for awhile getting him out the door, Trav came with us again for back up, and of course Jonah did great once he got to class. I actually cried tears of relief. I've been so worried for my little guy to start kindergarten and do well. We'll just take it one day at a time!

No comments: