We made it! We're excited, we love it, we have an amazing peace about being here. We're tired, but there's peace. We have a huge backyard that looks out on to a small collection of cows and horses with Mt. Shasta in the background. So we wake up to the cows mooing over their breakfast each morning. It's surreal. I still can't believe that we live here, this is our life! Two weeks ago I was snuggled in a cottage behind my parents' house and now here we are.
Yesterday, we took a needed break from the unpacking and went to Whiskeytown Lake with the kids for the afternoon and had dinner at Weinerschnitzel (AMAZING). So cool and weird to go to places we used to hang out as dating college students with our three children.
Payton and Jonah start school tomorrow. Payton's a bit nervous, Jonah's totally excited. He'll be going to school all day! I was a bit sad when I learned that, but I'm confidant he's ready and he'll do great. Payton told the principal that she's a "little concerned that her birthday's in a month and it's disturbing b/c she doesn't know anyone yet". She was so sad and articulate. Of course that stinks to have a birthday and not know anyone yet! Of course she'll have five new best friends by the end of this week, but she doesn't know that yet.
We're still in boxes, house is a bit chaotic, but it'll all come together in good time. It will settle in soon that this is all for real!
3 comments:
Annette, I am so so excited for you and Trav and the kids. I love reading your blog and seeing what God is doing in your life and just catching up on what you are doing. Right now, OG signups are going on and it just brings back so many memories of being in your OG.
yay, i was stoked to find a new post this afternoon! i got chills reading about you having PEACE! how long has it been?! can't wait to see pictures of the new pad. and i LOVE that cows are practically in your backyard...they aren't your alarm clock though, are they?
I had tears come to my eyes to hear Payton's comment about her birthday...bless her heart. I'm praying for a super smooth transition for your fam. So excited for what God has in store.
Post a Comment