Saturday, August 16, 2008

Best Night Ever


My sister Vicki and I headed out to Ikea last night to help outfit my new home to be in Redding. It was four hours of shopping madness. I don't make house purchases, especially big ones, easily, and Vicki patiently helped me deliberate each item.

Final decisions were made and we found ourselves rounding it all up in the self-help wherehouse. With thirteen minutes till closing we discovered my dining room table was discontinued. Panic! Vicki took me in hand and directed me to make a run for the display floor table I saw upstairs while she maneuvered our two bulky carts of items stacked willy nilly to the checkout counter herself. I was racing against the clock. With eyes burning, pulse racing, and a sweat breaking I quickly outwitted the labyrinth that IKEA is to find my table upstairs. They sent my table down to the "As-Is" section and said I could meet it and claim it there even though the store was closing. I almost cried. I raced back downstairs, intercepted my table at "As-Is" and I got her for $200 less than the original price! I almost cried again. I felt like I had just won the amazing race, my sister and I were high fiving, congratulating ourselves on our quick thinking and resourcefulness, it was a beautiful moment. This table is solid, heavy oak, and will stand the test of time and my children which is all a girl can really ask for. Vicki, truest of sisters, made it a reality. Love you!

2 comments:

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

your Ikea experience should be a new Olympic Event...I would win of course!! Have you been watching the Olympics

Dana said...

You did win!!! I love that feeling in IKEA when you no you have beat it!

I CANNOT believe you are moving to REDDING!!! How fun for me!!! Let's do coffee not once but lots??!! K?? I come in on the 24th (of Sept) late and then leave for England for two weeks on the 29th or 30. I will send you my number once I get it. I have to get a new american number once I get to LA...

So excited for you!!!
love
dana