I just came back from my girls' getaway with my dear pregnant friend Alyssa. We met in Vacaville for what Dan named "scrap attack "08". We got a hotel room, and it was all scrapping all the time from the moment we arrived. It was sweats, no makeup, and munchies for two days, in a word, perfection. Not even the draw of BJ's pizza and pazookies could lure us out. Sometimes you don't realize how much you miss someone until you see them again. I don't know if she still counts as a Riverside Homey b/c she's NorCal now. Once you go NorCal, there's no going back! And for all the Riversiders that know her, yes, she looks amazing pregnant!:)
We have Bill and Nancy O'Rafferty coming into town Saturday for the night and we get to have them all to ourselves! It will be so fun to show them where we've been doing life this last year, we are looking forward to a great visit and good conversation with them both. Hopefully, they'll be bringing lots of pictures of Dillon for us!
Sarah Bourns flies into town late Saturday night for three nights too!! We have missed her so much and can't wait to catch up on all the happenings in her life. She gets to witness firsthand the antics of my children, her life will never be the same. I hope no one drops a turd on the floor while she's here...
It gets crazier! Liz Holmes and Bethany Johnson are also rolling into town Sunday for the day too. They're coming to church with us to hear Trav preach and hang out for a bit before heading back down South. I can't wait to laugh with them. These girls are always cracking me up!
Rounding out the Homies are Mike, Holly, and baby Audrey! They're coming up in a few weeks for the weekend, and I finally get to meet Audrey! It is no fun when dear friends have babies and you can't be there to welcome their new little one. I can't wait to have them here.
We have a lot to look forward to!
No comments:
Post a Comment