
Yesterday I bundled up, dusted off the old snowboard and headed out with my husband. It was fantastic! Apparently, if my last lift ticket still attached to my board pants is any indicator, I haven't been boarding for two whole years! It was fun to get back out there and enjoy some good snow again. I only fell twice which is not a nod to my expertise but rather to my lack of risk taking, I'm a very cautious snowboarder. The most terrifying terrain for me is not a black diamond but a long, straight, flat run that you have to keep your board flat on to maintain any speed. I have to keep in edge of some sort and when I have to go flat I always lose control and take my worst spills. I still remember knocking the wind out of myself on a baby, flat run and laying in a heap panting for breath at Mt. High. It was a very graceful time for me.

Here's one of the beautiful views of the lake. It's so pretty here! It was a warm enough that Trav was just in long sleeves and me in my light polar fleece by the end of the day. It was fun to have Trav all to myself. I often hear a whoosh and then a thump behind me which is usually Trav jumping off anything he can find to catch some air on.
Today is jammy day for me again, my books, knitting, and me have a big date.
1 comment:
So I admit that after our Griswald Family Vacation last week, I am fairly jealous of your one on one time. Not like hateful jealous, just slight envy.
:)
Have a lot of fun!!
Post a Comment