Trav and I arrived here in Tahoe mid afternoon yesterday and we celebrated by completely vegging out. Book reading, way too much TV watching (we don't have cable at home so we overindulged), watching Daniel Bishop's sermon on the internet (amazing! We're so proud of him), and simply marveling at not having a schedule was how we passed our first day. Today Trav is snowboarding. There was rumored high winds today and I am a huge baby about being cold so I opted for a day alone instead. I kicked it off by going to Starbucks in the village here at Northstar with my stack of books quite pleased that I could stay as long as I wanted and then felt like a total bum b/c everyone was there in their ski/snowboarding clothes excited to get on the slopes and there I am in my sneakers so excited to not be on the slopes. Am I getting old? I comforted myself with the thought that I was for sure going snowboarding in the next few days and I would indeed be doing something active at some point.
Whenever I'm away from my kids I always notice all the other families that are around me with their kids and think how much fun they would have if they were here with us and I miss them. Then I pass families who's kids are throwing temper tantrums and I hear tired comments from the parents like, "if you don't walk then we can't get to where we're going" or "fine, you don't like that then you don't get anything" etc etc. and then I wish I was at a resort that was for adults only or something. Seeing the difficulties other parents are having to maneuver is to close to my daily reality and that's why I'm here! To rest from my reality so I can come back energized ready for round 856, you know what I'm saying! Of course I miss my babies, Davey's sweet snuggles and constantly wanting to be held, Jonah's crazy giggle with his dimple showing, and Payton's endless energy and fountain of ideas that she's always spewing forth, but this quiet is nice, just for a few days. Then the quiet will get to me and I'll long for the crazy, challenging, love-filled days at home with my family.
2 comments:
What a fun time! And by the way have you aged at all since college?!?! Seriously, I was looking at the picture in your last posts and you look exactly like you did when I was that little freshman girl and you were that cool Senior:)
hope you are having fun, can't wait to hear all about the books you read! Yay uninterrupted reading... sounds heavenly
Post a Comment