Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Christmas Tree Hunt

We headed up to Lassen the Saturday after Thanksgiving for our third annual Christmas tree hunt.  This has been one of our favorite things about living in the North State.  We are forever ruined for tree lots.
 How cute is our boy?
 There was hardly any snow to be found, but that didn't stop our kids from dropping and making snow angels immediately upon arrival.

 I was still walking like an old lady at this point from carrying Davey around Disneyland a few days earlier.  It's not as attractive as you think, walking with your butt and your boobs sticking out.  Thank goodness for our chiropractor!  After a few adjustments, I was good as new.  Butt and boobs are back in where they should be.
 The kids happily sledded in three inches of snow and lots of plants sticking out.  They'd still hoot and holler as if it was the fastest sled ride ever.
 Our tree!  It's always discombobulating looking for your tree among all the tall giants growing around.  A tree that would actually fit in our house looks puny in comparison.  I'm always drawn to the 20 footers until Trav stands beside it and sets me straight.  We can only clear about seven feet where our tree sits in our living room.


Another amazing sled ride.
 Trav cuts down the tree, sets it up in the house, places one ornament on the tree, and the star on top.  I do the lights and over see the kids breaking the ornaments decorating the tree.  They put the ornaments on, and I move them, only the heavy ones that need stronger branches, I promise.
 The kids get a new ornament each year.  Payton received a Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Davey Luke Skywalker, and Jonah Snoopy.  I buy them the year prior at the half off sales after Christmas.  
 Travis's annual ornament hanging.  It's a volleyball player with his name across the back that I got him our first Christmas.  

 A sleepover under the tree with the flash.
And without. 
The kids will need to get in another sleepover this week before she comes down.  (Sigh)

1 comment:

Annie said...

COOL! I love Davey's hair.
PAYTON