Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our Funny Guy

Monday was a big day for our Jonah. He received a citizenship award at school for his "sense of humor":). They pick a quality each month, and then one student per class is chosen who best represents it. He was SO excited, and so were we. They don't tell the students, but they let the parents know ahead of time so we can be there. When they announced his name he shot out of his seat like a rocket and ran up on stage to receive his certificate.

He was beaming and laughing to himself the whole time. I was very teary watching him receive a positive recognition in front of his peers. Those who track with us know that this is HUGE for him.

Davey was totally engaged with supporting his brother...

He carried it around the rest of the day and talked non-stop about it. I caught him spinning in circles with it.

What I love is that he has to sit by his teacher every assembly b/c he's all over the place with his energy. He happily bounces in his seat next to her, totally clueless that he's there for discipline measures. When we asked him for the reasons behind the sitting arrangement he was like, "I don't know, that's just where I sit, she likes me to sit by her." He has no idea. He cracks us up!

1 comment:

cza said...

Way to go Jonah, we are so proud of you!