
Jonah and I went out to dinner at the Olive Garden this week just me and him. It was such a sweet time. I feel like our relationship tends to be all about business, getting ready for school, doing homework, stop bothering your brother, stop talking about farts, pretty much just me giving a lot of instruction and correction. I need to carve out more time for us to play and just "be" together.
He LOVED going out to dinner, he made polite conversation, asked me what I liked about my day, charmed the waitresses with his shy manner. We went out to Coldstone afterwards and he offered me his ice cream with gummy bears b/c he wanted me to have a treat too. He told me I was nice and that he thinks he would like to marry me, but I'll be too old and people will see me so maybe not.:) I told him that was ok, that I was planning on still being married to Daddy, he asked if Daddy would be old too, and I said, "Yes, but he'll be MY old man". Jonah has such a sweet spirit, I just need to make more space for him to show it.
3 comments:
I love Jonah's sweet disposition... how nice to take time to have "date night" - totally cute idea that I want to do when I have lil' whippersnappers.
I wouldn't mind dating so much if I could go with Joe.
That is so sweet. Such a good reminder to have quality time with each kid on their own. I have all of them so much I forget. They really are different when you get them one on one.
Post a Comment