Thursday, April 30, 2009

Has anyone seen this woman?


So Trav and I are driving along the 5 to Ashland, minding our own business, when we pull off to get some gas at a gas station/mini-mart/restaurant which are always clean, classy affairs.
I'm wandering around looking for the restroom when a waitress points me to the back of the restaurant. I push open the door and the first thing that greets me are her stocking legs sticking up out of a tub at an awkward angle. My heart was literally in my throat and I thought I was going to be sick. I slowly push the door open to reveal her complete person chillin' in the tub. It was seriously the most weird, creepy get up. I cowered in the corner debating whether or not I could "take care of my business" with her resting right next to me.
I still felt creeped out, but I whip out the camera b/c it's all just so strange. As soon as my flash goes off she starts screaming, "Help! Help! Leave me alone, please! Someone help me!" I about lost it and ran out. They have these huge speakers rigged up and it was insane, I mean, who thinks up stuff like this and carries it out?
After her screaming I had to seriously question the urgency of my bathroom visit, I decided I could handle it, but I didn't take my eyes off her the whole time incase there were any other tricks up her sleeve.
It took me a good several minutes and a distance of a few miles between us to calm down and recover. Never again, I will hold it!

5 comments:

camelita? said...

OH MY GOODNESS! We stopped there and I about peed my pants when I walked into the bathroom! That place is horrible, horrible, horrible! Wow. Oh - that picture is making me feel totally anxious all over again!

Sara Anthony said...

that is HILARIOUS. However... it sounds like it could become a huge liabiity the minute a little old lady comes in & haves a heart attack or faints & hits her head. dumb, dumb, dumb prank.

La Rodriga said...

I have stopped there. I had no idea what I was in for. I actually let out a slight scream because she startled me so bad.
I had a good laugh after that, but that was not what I was expecting!
I love the fact that you went their too :)

Anonymous said...

hey we stopped their too!!! Ken went in before me and the restraunt was full of locals. When I went in the whole place was chuckling. Luckly, no one used the intercom

vanth said...

Heart attack. Liability. It's all I can think of, too.