

Davey and Jonah both do not like to take pictures, they always have to make a goofy face or hide, and yes, I am totally that mom that gets upset and tries to argue them into taking at least "one normal picture", as if my nagging will induce a great, sincere smile out of them.
So this time I just went with it. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

It was so cool b/c while we were there, Trav and I just realized that it was literally fifteen years ago TO THE DAY that we sat in that I-Hop with Joel and Elizabeth after the Spring Banquet in '94. I looked over at the booth where we had sat that night remembering us young things, not having any idea that this was the real thing. We were in it for life! If we could've flashed forward these several years and seen us sitting there, still so good looking, with our three kids. Crazy! God is good.
The kids started a birthday journal for Trav for his gift. Each year they'll draw a picture and write a letter to him. I'm hoping it will be a great reminder of their development and love long after they leave us for homes of their own. I think we're going to start one for each of the five of us for our birthdays so we can all enjoy having encouragement and love lavished on us each year.
What do you get the guy who has everything? My gift to Trav is a ten hour drive in the rain with our three little angels to Southern Cal that shall commence sometime this afternoon. You're welcome babe:).
1 comment:
Has it really been 15 years? Wow! If we ever make it down to Redding again we're going to have to go on another double date there with all the kids! The birthday journal is a great idea - I think I'm going to swipe it! :-)Oh - and happy birthday Trav!
Post a Comment