
I am a HUGE tea drinker, I can throw back 5-6 big mugs of tea easy on a cold day, but my usual is 3-4. I prefer black teas b/c I love to drink it with honey and milk, I don't do herbals b/c the milk curdles, and my all time favorite is yerbe matte which Trav introduced me to in a one pound bag from Chile. AMAZING, I love this stuff. I have another one pound bag awaiting me in Riverside that I can't wait to pick up this Christmas!
My sister came home from a recent dentist visit where she was told that any sort of sweetened drink at all is bad for your teeth including honey in your tea. The advice was to phase out the honey all together. I'm super hyper about my teeth, I'm already overdue for a check up and I dread going, I have the weakest teeth, so I immediately started phasing out my honey use as well. I'm not happy about it, Chai does not taste the same without honey and yerbe is virtually impossible to drink without honey it's so strong. But I've decided I love my teeth more and avoiding any unecessary procedures is totally worth the sacrifice. But then I can't help but wonder, are my teeth going down anyway? And if they are, shouldn't they be going down with a little honey? These are the questions that plague me.
1 comment:
Or did you mean, those are the questions that PLAQUE you... hohoho hahaha.
Enough funny business, though: ask your dentist about stevia leaves. They are a plant from South America (i believe) & you can steep them with your tea & it sweetens it. You can also buy the white stevia powder, but I bet that is more similar to honey/sugar. Chris & I use stevia leaves in our tea instead of honey & it is yummy! less calories too.
Post a Comment