
Jonah painted this amazing picture at pre-school that he entitled "The storm coming to the House". His paintings are becoming more elaborate and defined, it is so cool to watch your child's skills and talents develop. I love this kid, he has been my biggest challenge and my greatest teacher. He reflects right back at me who I am and how I represent myself. Sometimes, it's not too pretty like when he slammed down his yogurt yesterday and said, "I'm so sick of this!" And yet there's moments of true grace, love, and patience that he'll display, especially with Davey who tries constantly to rule Jonah's world.
Last night I hit my head on Jonah's bunkbed and yelled which Jonah LOVES. Anytime someone screams in fright or in injury Jonah thinks it's the funniest thing in the world and will talk about it and re-enact it over and over laughing every time. He had the biggest belly laugh for like five minutes last night, and I'm sitting in the dark, grinning at his response, but trying to be a little miffed that he won't ask me if I'm ok. I kept asking him to check and see if I was all right and he seriously couldn't get it out inbetween his giggles. He asked me to hit my head again this morning to relive his amusement.
1 comment:
I LOVE your kid stories....
And YES You would LOVE NZ...the life here is so much nicer than I imagined. The spiritual climate is unreal...a challenge but so cool to be a part of. If you and trav could you should come and do life in NZ!!!!
Thanks for your encouragement....and yes there are some dull days here...I just leave those out of the blogs:)
Love that we stay connected through blogging!
Post a Comment