Monday, June 23, 2008

Some favorite pics from our D-land trip

It has been my dream forever to stay at the Disneyland Hotel with the kids, and this summer it came true! Thanks to our dear family, we were treated to one night at the hotel and a day at the park. It was wonderful from start to finish. As we pulled up to the hotel Payton was hanging out the window saying, "This is too good to be real!" Jonah contributed, "This is amazing!" It was a treat to experience it all through our kids' eyes. They are memories I'll cherish for years to come.

The view from our hotel room. We had a major waterfall right outside our sliding doors!

The Neverland pool was a highlight for us! It was the first thing we did once we got to the hotel. Davey rocked the pint sized waterslide and was very bold floating around in his life vest.

We spent two hours there and the kids would only leave with the promise of being able to go back after dinner, which they did!

Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen was amazing. All you can eat buffet. The kids were thrilled that after they ate a healthy dinner they could have whatever they wanted. They went back 4 times for desserts. I beat them with five desserts. I finished all but two, but ate most of the last two. I LOVE a good dessert.

Jonah and Davey were up by 6:30am of course, so the boys and I snuck out for early morning hot cocoas and a latte by the pool while Payton and Trav slept. The boys then watched old disney cartoons in the lobby while I read the paper and sipped my latte. Heaven!

Davey is seriously the best autopia driver there is, except for maybe Jonah. I think he hit the center divider twice before he realized how to avoid it and it was smooth driving the rest of the way. This was one of his favorites, along with Splash Mountain.

I love going to Disneyland with my family. It never gets old for me.

4 comments:

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

How refreshing that must have been. I am so glad that the whole family got to enjoy in that memory. Makes me want to experience that same joy with you and Trav. Glad you had a great time...

Alyssa said...

Why in the world are you wearing jeans to D-land in June! Wasn't it hot!
I can't wait until Disneyland will be fun with the kids, maybe in like 5 years!

Kari Q. said...

Alyssa's comment about the jeans was exactly what I was thinking, cause I know how blazing hot it was here last week!!!
I love that you guys got to have this experience! I love disneyland, but love it times ten when you can experience it through the eyes of an excited child! I can only imagine how much fun your kids must have had!

Dana said...

SO FUN!!! It made me miss disneyland so much!!! I love how much fun you guys had!! Those are awesome pics....you guys are such fun parents!!