Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sweet Times

Mornings are usually CRAZY around here. Jonah stays in bed till the last possible minute declaring that he doesn't like school, our street, our neighborhood, our state... I'm not kidding, he breaks it all down. Davey won't get up at all, or will lay in the middle of the floor all splayed out to make a statement. Thankfully, Payton's usually on task. I need at least one kid who's self-motivated in the morning.
But every once in awhile there's some really sweet moments at the start of our day. Last Friday was such a morning. Davey got a breakfast date with Daddy at Simpson. They rode bikes there together. Who doesn't love having Dad all to themselves? And a large selection of cold cereals to choose from as well?


After Davey left, the spirit moved and Payton and Jonah broke out in a random dance. There was no music playing. Sometimes you don't need any.



I wish all mornings were as joyful as this.

3 comments:

cza said...

Oh happy day! Love the action pictures.

Sara Anthony said...

I love paytie's outfit! Maybe that girl CAN dress herself after all. Otherwise she'd be in a sailor suit or something if you had your way...

vanth said...

Beautiful pictures! I think you caught Jonah doing the cabbage patch . . . has he been into your old cheerleading tapes again?