Friday, May 28, 2010

A few pics from Mother's Day

Trav was out of town this past mother's day, so the kids and I were left to our own devices in making plans.
My goal for the day was just to be a chill mom, relax, and have fun with my kiddos. I don't know why being relaxed is such a tall order for me, but it is. But today I think I got it right:)
The kids made me an amazing breakfast of pancakes with whip cream and strawberries and a cup of tepid earl gray tea. They did it completely on their own and were so proud of their efforts. They brought me the Sunday morning paper and left me to eat my yummy breakfast and read my paper in bed. Heaven.
After church we took off for Sonic Burger for lunch. Payton and Jonah had never been before and they thought it was WAY cool. Dinner served on roller skates? They didn't know it was possible. They all plan to work there some day now.



We then saw the movie Oceans which was amazing! Payton, Davey, and I loved it. Jonah enjoyed it the first 15 minutes and then proceeded to spin in circles in the back of the theater and roll around on the floor. Eww. But it was mother's day, I wasn't going to fuss at him as long as he didn't bother anyone else.
We came home, rested, read, played catch, and then ended the day in our favorite way.
Fondue.
We cut up huge chunks of bananas, pineapples, and strawberries, and ate ourselves sick. I think it was the first time the kids didn't fight over the chocolate. We're growing up.

This picture of Davey reminds me of a picture of Travis eating fondue on a cruise we took oh so long ago. Alyssa looked pretty similar:).

I'm so thankful for these three babies. I know God's love in a whole new way through my relationship with them. What a ride it's been!

No comments: