Friday, May 21, 2010

Greco-Roman Theme Day

Travis and I both got our toga on and participated in our first theme day at the kids school last Friday. WOW. It was amazing. There's nothing like a great excuse to get dressed up and play for the day. Jonah wore his toga for about 15 minutes and then rocked his shorts the rest of the day. I consider the 15 minutes a victory.
The kids with Zeus a.k.a. Jonah's math teacher.

They had craft and activity stations the kids could visit. Jonah got a little sword play in.

Medusa was awesome and thankfully wore sunglasses all day so no one would turn to stone.

Our girl rocked second place in the poetry contest for her grade! She won a gift card to Barnes and Noble and thought she had died and gone to heaven being able to shop for her own books with her own money. I feel the same way when I shop for books!

Opening ceremonies. The classes were divided into city states. Payton and I were Megara. Trav and Jonah were Sparta.

Payton winning the marathon. This girl is SO competitive, so much so I have to help her keep in check a bit. The boys didn't stand a chance!

Trav is so hot in a toga.

Closing ceremonies.

Jonah in a good old fashioned tug of war.

Payton and her friend Claire dancing.

I got a bit teary watching the girls dance with a bunch of other students just for fun. I'm so grateful for this school and the amazing opportunities they get to experience here. It's opened up a whole new world for them in so many ways. This fall both Jonah and Payton will be taking drums! It's a whole new world for me too.

3 comments:

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Wow, can I please teach at this school? I love that the whole family got involved. Go Team Osborne!

Sara Anthony said...

What an amazing day!

Kari Q. said...

Ummm I wonder where Payton gets her competitive edge from??? Looks so fun...togas and all! Can't wait to hear how the drumming goes! :)