
For those of you who have been tracking my dental odyssey, you may recall that I gave up honey in my tea last year. It was last January to be specific, after a horrible dental check up where I found out every tooth I had needed to be reconstructed in some way. That's a bit of a dramatization, but not much.
Anyhoo, I learned through a reliable source that drinking hot tea sweetened with honey was terrible for your teeth. I am a 5-6 cup tea drinker in the winter months. This news was devastating, but I was willing to do anything to prevent more dental work. So I gave up honey and learned to drink all my teas unsweetened. Mate was very sad for me, it's SO much better with honey. And I'll be honest, I couldn't really drink chai anymore. But I adjusted and was good with my other black teas.
It's been a whole year, and you may recall my stellar dental visit I had last month where he said my teeth look AMAZING and how awesome my at-home care was. I'm still on a high about it. So I thought this confirmed my obstaining from sweetening my tea.
Enter Stevia.
It has revolutionized my tea drinking experience! Has anyone else tried this stuff? Praise God for a non-sugar sweetner that's not made up of a bunch of chemicals! Mate has taken on a brighter hue, and chai and are friends again after a year hiatus. Seriously, Stevia's affected my dailiness in a huge way. Now I can have my tea the way I like it and have amazing teeth at the same time. I can have it all.
4 comments:
Hey Annie, even better than the powdered, processed form are the dried stevia leaves, which you can crush into your mug of tea or steep as whole leaves with your loose leaf tea. I love stevia too... (though I love honey more!)
& for the record, I remember suggesting stevia months ago when you first gave up honey. You never listen to me, just bc I'm the baby sister.
Ahh, but I did listen to you little sister, I was just waiting for TJ's to start carrying it, so I didn't have to make a trip to another store to get it. I'm a convenience minded shopper:) They just got it last month. I tried it per your advice!
oh, how embarrassing... that's the last time I whine in public.
Post a Comment