Friday, February 26, 2010

My Sweet Sunday

Last Sunday I was sitting on the couch in an allergy stupor with my big book sitting next to me. Jonah came out and saw me and said, "Mom, I'm just gonna do the dishes for you, so you can read more of your big book."

I walked into the kitchen to find him at the sink, quietly working away on my big pile of dishes. Such a sweet boy. I was so blessed by his iniative in showing me kindness. What seven year old boy offers to do dishes for his mom so she can sit on the couch and read her book? He was speaking my love language. We have a scrabble date after school today which his is. One good turn invites another:).

6 comments:

cza said...

What a great kid, we love him.

Sara Anthony said...

That is so thoughtful... & very grown up. we love Jonah so much!!

vanth said...

Awww, such I sweetey. I have to join the chorus Annie, I love him, too!

Christina Ellis said...

What an amazing kid! That's so sweet! He's going to be an awesome husband someday!

Sarah said...

precious. simply precious.

lynn said...

so so sweet. it gives me hope here :)