Friday, September 18, 2009

Sleep Shorts and Davey Updates


I love this picture of Davey at my sister's wedding this summer. He danced the whole night like nobody's business. I see some hip-hop classes in his future. He told us that someone at the wedding told him "he was the best dancer of their life!!"
Anyhoo, I wanted to update his "independance" post I wrote a few weeks ago regarding him wanting to be dropped off curbside at his school. That lasted all of three days when he withdrew his request and insisted that I park the car and get out and walk him to class. When I asked why, he replied, "because all the big people stare at me when I walk by myself and it's embarrassing". He still needs me.

There's been some confusion and alarm over what I possibly could've been wearing out in public that would've sparked a sharp reprimand from Payton on modesty. Honestly people, my shorts look almost exactly like the ones in the picture. I think that's why I felt so indignant when she was "embarrassed" to be seen with me. They're not that bad. There's no cheeks hanging out or anything. I just wanted to clarify for those concerned, I'm still the same girl I've always been. There's been no transformation into a hoochy mama since my move to the north state.
Here's where these two updates intersect. For the three glorious days I dropped Davey off at the curb I could wear my sleep shorts b/c I didn't have to get out of the car. I was THRILLED that I didn't really have to get myself ready in the morning along with my three kids. I could just go in my jammies and no one would be the wiser. Now that Davey is back to me walking him in, the sleep shorts option is out. No more easy mornings, it was fun while it lasted.

2 comments:

Sara Anthony said...

Annette! Those are jogging shorts, you are not supposed to be sleeping in them, but going out & running.

cza said...

I think Davey is one of the best dancers in my life, he certainly is one of the most enthusiastic. Looking back at the wedding pictures, I also loved the ones with Payton wildly dancing, her skirt was all in motion as well as her hair. I think the kids have a lot of Trav and Uncle Mark's dancing in them. I still remember the great dancing by them at your wedding 13 years ago.