Thursday, November 3, 2011

Youth in a bottle

I've always thought I would handle aging well, at least that was my intent, as "aging" was somewhere off in the far future.  I have a TON of gray hair, and I've been rolling with that, I take the edge off with a few highlights, but the gray is still significant.  I'm cool with it.
But then I woke up one day last month and my left hand was COVERED in age spots.  I had the hand of an old woman.  It was like night and day holding it against my right hand.  I was incredulous.  Isn't stuff like this supposed to be a slow transition?  It was such a big change in literally a matter of days.  I assume it was only my left hand b/c of driving and it must get more sun exposure?
Anyhoo, I was very upset.  I wanted to take it in stride, but it was so noticeable.  I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I started trying to hide my hand it looked so bad, to me.  Ridiculous I know.
And then I remembered Total Effects.  I haven't used it in years, but I remember it faded a sun spot I had below my eye.  If it works on your face, then why not the hands?  I didn't get my hopes up too much, but I thought I'd give it a shot...
Sure enough, within a week I had my old hand back.  It looks just like my right hand, a smattering of tiny freckles, but no big age spots to be found anywhere.  I put on Total Effects before I go to bed each night so it will stay on my hands for at least 8-9 hours.  It's my miracle cream.
I am almost always the oldest friend in all my friendship groups, and I feel like I'm forging ahead on my own in this aging process.  But we gotta share what works when we find it.
So if you wake up to old lady hands one day in the future, don't panic as I did.  Just invest in a bottle of Total Effects and give it a week.  Meanwhile, wear sunscreen people!

No comments: