We left Honeyman and hit the road for Nehalem Bay. Davey promptly took his shirt off.
We stopped in the town of Newport for lunch. Davey lost a tooth. We saw fish being gutted and trucks being loaded with shrimp. It was a very exciting afternoon.
We walked the cute streets down by the water. My family does this for me. No one else is really into walking cute town streets, but I bribe them all with treats if they're willing to humor me.
We found this amazing candy shop that had hundreds of different salt water taffy flavors. The kids (and Travis) we're in heaven.
A highlight of our Oregon trip was meeting up with the Rodrigos at the coast! We love this family, and it was so fun to have a couple days with them all to ourselves. I love Trav's concentration in this picture, not too bad for arm's length:).
This precious Maddie girl let me cuddle her on the beach when she was cold. And Audrey fell asleep on me in the swing the next day. I was so spoiled! I miss my babies being so little.
Jonah was made to be in motion. And I was made to follow him around with a camera and capture it. "Did you get it Mom? Did you get it?" We had twenty takes to catch this.
Short Sands Beach. I seriously felt like I was on the set of Twilight. It was beautiful, foggy, cold, mysterious. We were in werewolf country I'm sure.
Gorgeous. I fell in love with Oregon more with each leg of our journey.
Nehalem had a perfect two mile bike loop that ran through the trees and along the water, perfect for the kids.
Nehalem Bay is right next to the town of Manzanita. If anyone has been to Occidental, west of Santa Rosa. This is the Occidental of Oregon. Quintessential, beautiful, small, seaside town. I have dreams of Travis and I coming back and spending a week here alone.
Of course I needed to walk the town and window shop. Trav and the boys packed up camp and Payton and I had the whole morning to walk, eat, and drink hot cocoa. My hubby is good to me. I love time with my girl. Next up- Portland!
4 comments:
Reading about your vacation spots makes me positively envious. All your research and planning really helped make a wonderful vacation memory for your family.
I am really enjoying your Oregon re-cap. I feel as though I am reliving my childhood! I know that candy shop in Newport well. :)
Thank you for all the posts! I was missing them all summer (not to guilt trip you ;)).
Post a Comment