I am eternally impressed with the passage of time with my children. Payton is almost eleven, and while she still enjoys many childhood offerings, I'm afraid for the day I wake up and certain activities are too "young" for her. Thus our choice to visit Enchanted Forest outside Salem on our Oregon trip.
And for those curious, Travis equates being on vacation with his jeans rolled up and being happy. Let that be your barometer for Trav in the future: Jeans rolled up, happy & relaxed. Jeans rolled down, it's business time.
For bay area folks. Enchanted Forest reminds me much of Happy Hollow in San Jose. A small, quaint park where fairy tales come to life.
We could barely get Trav out of the crooked house.
Sliding out of the old woman who lived in a shoe's house.
Another slide shot. It only took 15x's to actually catch Jonah in action.
I liked this quaint English Village area.
The kids all gave Enchanted Forest a double thumbs up. The park also has a smattering of small rides you can buy tickets to go on. Davey and I totally took down Payton in the bumper cars, but please don't mention it to her, she's still bitter about it.
I have mixed feelings about Enchanted Forest. It is a sweet place, but it's sorely in need of an upgrade, a new coat of paint, and all the fairy tale mannequins need to be redone. They're actually terrifying, their features extreme, and their body movements jerky, like something you'd see in a horror film. This must be why I have no pictures of them.
The kids loved it, so it was definitely worth a stop. And Payton, my oldest, liked it the most:). I'm glad we did it.
2 comments:
You know that my town is right next door to Enchanted Forest, right? This is the closest thing I ever had to Disneyland for most of my life. We plan on taking Delaney there next time we're up for a visit. I'm sure it won't be nearly as exciting for her as we are Disney passholders. However, I'll love reliving my childhood through her. :)
Sounds like something I would like!
Post a Comment