Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What our mornings look like

Our summer mornings have taken on a definite shape for us. Jonah likes to kick it off with a fast, funky beat on his keyboard at full volume. He literally rolls out of bed onto the keyboard, and it's all I can do to have him hold off until Davey and Payton are actually awake and coherent before he starts playing.

Davey wakes up a bit more slowly and will lay in his crib getting a last snuggle in with white bankey while listening to Jonah play. He's amazingly calm while Jonah's disco beats are bumping throughout the room. I think it's a rough way to wake up myself.

Ahhh, and lastly Payton, my avid reader. This girl wakes up holding a book and starts reading. She doesn't even bother to come down out of her bunk, eat breakfast, get dressed, etc. She'd pee in a bedpan if I let her. She gets tons of books from the library every other day and stays in her bunk reading. I have several emotions over this. I'm so thrilled and proud that she loves to read b/c I love to read, I'm somewhat jealous that she gets to "check out" all day every day into her books when I would LOVE to do that myself, and then I'm also dealing with some fallout of her reading. She is SASSY when she's interrupted. A simple request from me like, "ok, let's get some sunblock on to go to the pool" results in a huge, heavy, sigh, dramatic roll of the eyes, and a comment like "Great! All I want to do is read my book!!" I've created a monster. Teachers any thoughts? Will this interest mello a bit?

1 comment:

jess mac said...

Lazy Summer! I can't believe mine is coming to an end already. I work Tuesday and Aggie starts Kinder on the 19th! We are praying for you guys on Tuesday...