Monday, July 7, 2008

pics from the 4th


We ventured to the beach on the morning of the 4th with our friends the Ingrams for a little volleyball and chasing the kids on the beach. The sun came out after a bit and it was beautiful. We stayed as long as the kids were happy, which was about two and a half hours. I pushed it till three hours anyway which was unwise b/c we ended our beach day with Davey throwing some punches at Payton and Payton responding with a swift kick. I'm finding repeatedly that two and a half hours is our maxium for fun anywhere. Every time I push past that, it results poorly and our fun time is tainted by a rough ending. I'm learning though!

I love this picture of Davey and the ladies!

Later that afternoon we went boating down at the creek across the street. Trav and I took Davey with us in a rowboat. There is nothing more exhilirating than being rowed around by a very determined three year old who insists on "doing it himself!" We did a lot of circles.

Payton attached herself to Aunt Vicki and insisted on sitting in the back to "steer" the canoe. Vicki is so accomodating. Payton also invited herself over to Vicki's for a sleep over last night with a long list of activities that they should do together. They went out to dinner, did some oragami, watched a movie, etc. Vicki is very accomodating and a very good auntie to her niece and newphews.

Jonah loved that he and Papa were the fastest in their canoe than any of the rest of us. He greeted each of us back at the docks with, "We beated you!!" I don't know where he gets it from.

No comments: