Life is what's happening when you're busy making plans.
How true that is. I felt like God spoke to me through this little sign hanging on the wall of a shop I was in this morning. It was this sudden wake up call, realization, clouds parting, what have you, that I've been so busy making "plans" that I have let life happen everyday without me being purposeful or appreciative of it. All I've been thinking about for a year and a half is what are our future plans. Where are we going to be? What are we going to do? I've been removing myself from the life that is happening right now. I'm not in the moment. A year and a half have come and gone, what did I miss out on?
I know that starting to realize this doesn't bring about instant change, but it's a start. I'm grateful for it, especially being in the midst of summer and long days together with my three children. I want to soak this time up with them, be here with them today and not with my thoughts floating elsewhere about the what if's and the if only's.
I wanted to buy the little quote and hang it up so I'd be reminded of it everyday, but it was a piece of laminated paper for $7. I figured I could make myself a little sign with a picture of my family by it and get a couple of lattes for that $7 instead. Make those iced lattes, it's 100 degrees and smoky today, are we still in Riverside?
1 comment:
I love that quote! It's from John Lennon.
Post a Comment