Payton received the character award for respect this month at her school from her music teacher. That bit of info is for all our family out there far away who are proud of our girl. She is a joy and I'm amazed at her heart every day.
The second bit of info is, yes, this is what we're wearing to school. The sweats are the only exception. They're being allowed this week b/c it's fitness testing week, and she doesn't want any restrictive clothing that might prohibit her from beating all the boys in her class.
But everything else is her daily standard, the beanie, the zip up sweatshirt, and the running shoes. Travis has asked me to "lose" the beanie a few times. I won't ever go that far, but do insist it goes in the hamper at times and then take my sweet lovin' time washing it.
It would be fun to see her in something more tailored, dare I say girly, just once, but she's SO happy just as she is. So we take it and are grateful. I would much rather have a happy, active daughter that looks like she just got home from camping every day than a fashion conscience one that is incredibly insecure. Payton has more confidence in her pinky than I ever had at her age. I'm hoping it carries her through the teen years, and she comes out the other side just as spunky and sure of herself.
2 comments:
personally, I think she looks adorable - she reminds me of what was considered cute in my teenage years: grunge. you're just from a different time period when the style was put together & matchy-matchy. & seriously, those sweats are quite girly (don't tell her I said that of course). And YAY on the award!
Post a Comment